Friday, January 23, 2009

Frankfurt Girl Geek Dinners in SL.



I've never been one to keep my SL and RL lives separate. Not that I spend oodles and oodles of time in SL, but I do manage to log on every now and then.

Last December 8, we held the real life Frankfurt Girl Geek Dinners #3 event in the Twitter Cafe. A total of 7 people showed up at various times. That was good enough for me.

I wanted to show that live events can certainly be streamed into SL however, there really needs to be a dedicated person manning the avatar and interacting with the people. It was challenging trying to be there as host for the RL event and also trying to be host in SL. Result - not good.

I think if I'm going to be doing any live streaming of RL events in SL I will definitely solicit the help of some Geek Girls in SL. I actually know of one too!

No comments: